Depending on the nature of your presenting complaint, you may need to bring along some items to the consultation.
For example, if you have had past history of foot and ankle pain and have had x-rays, been fitted with orthotic devices previously or have medical reports that describe your condition, these will all be of benefit to your treating podiatrist. Ai??Obviously, if you have a referral from your General Practitioner, Medical Specialist or Allied Health Practitioner then you need to bring this along.
- Referral letter and / or medical reports
- Private health fund card
- Previous orthotics / insoles
- X-rays, ultrasounds, CT and MRI scans
- Old footwear that may have specific wear patterns
- A selection of your regular footwear
- Appropriate clothing for foot and lower limb assessment